About Me

My photo
Leeds, United Kingdom
I am studying the MA Advertising and Design, and have completed the BA Art & Design, also at the University of Leeds. With my work shown below, I had been exploring the properties of light, and the colours and shapes and forms which can arise through manipulating it. I explored this through the use of many different painting techniques, and I am currently exploring surface texture, and alternative techniques to applying the paint to the surfaces, ie. I avoided using paint brushes and prefer to work directly from the paint tube, or roll or press the object onto and into the paint, getting as involved in the creaton of a piece as I can. My work therefore takes on creation and a design through physical process. I have made studies of fire flickering, candles moved around a camera on a low shutter speed, fireworks exploding and laser projections.

Monday 30 November 2009

Cracking Animation History

I may be a little behind the times on this, but can you believe that it has been 20 years since Wallace and Gromit, the loveable plasticine duo, first burst onto our screens with their moon-cheese-filled adventure ‘A Grand Day Out’?! I grew up watching and loving their animated escapades, and so it has really surprised me to very recently learn just how old they are!
Because of all the amazing work which Aardman does, breathing life into what is essentially little lumps of clay, they have made me wish more than anything to become a stop-motion animator and follow it as a profession.

I have had some experience working on animations (my own and I am currently helping building sets for a BA animation project called ‘The Inventor of Happiness’ at Leeds Metropolitan University in my spare time (check out the trailer for it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUECw8EY1-I ,
and once my degree is over, I hope to be able to further this dream and take a course dedicated to Animation, so as to learn all I can to help for when I apply for this career. So, all I can for now say is, Happy Birthday Wallace & Gromit, and watch out Nick Park! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment