About Me

My photo
Leeds, United Kingdom
I am studying the MA Advertising and Design, and have completed the BA Art & Design, also at the University of Leeds. With my work shown below, I had been exploring the properties of light, and the colours and shapes and forms which can arise through manipulating it. I explored this through the use of many different painting techniques, and I am currently exploring surface texture, and alternative techniques to applying the paint to the surfaces, ie. I avoided using paint brushes and prefer to work directly from the paint tube, or roll or press the object onto and into the paint, getting as involved in the creaton of a piece as I can. My work therefore takes on creation and a design through physical process. I have made studies of fire flickering, candles moved around a camera on a low shutter speed, fireworks exploding and laser projections.

Monday 16 November 2009

Painting work

Here are some examples of my Level 2 Painting work so far this year. More examples will follow...


This piece was created using acrylic paints, and is a study of an exploding firework, which gave an floral appearance in the sky


This piece was created using watered-down acrylics on canvas. This was taped to a wall and the paints were dripped down it, much like the work of the artist Ian Davenport.

This piece was created using watered-down acrylics, which dripped down a wall onto the canvas below, creating this splatter effect


This piece was created using acrylics on a stretched canvas, and is also a study of a firework exploding, giving off lots of coloured smoke in the process



These pieces are part of a study of a candle moved in front of a camera on a low shutter speed, creating a track of light across the lens.

This piece is a study of light reflecting off a colourful fish in murky water. The paint was applied directly from the tube to the paper to create a rippled paint effect.

This piece is a study of the shapes created from flickering fire. It is based on a photo I took last Bonfire Night of the large Bonfire in Hyde Park, Leeds.

1 comment:

  1. I love how all your work has such a great connections with artist that has inspired you from above, they linked so well together, and by the way, I like how the whole things has been layout so nicely. you need to however get more people to look at your blogs too, or it will be a waste.

    ReplyDelete